I’m a thinker and doer and have a healthy analytical and creative balance. My method is to discover, design and deliver.
If you want to do valuable work…
“Form small teams; make what people want; add something delightful to their experience.”
What gets me up in the morning, is the opportunity to…
- Help people do remarkable work.
- Collaborate and co-design projects that help make our lives better.
- Play in the early adopter/early majority space of the innovation bell curve.
- Make inspiring films, documentaries and music videos.
- Explore different people, cultures and world-views.
- Slow travel, such as hiking.
- Build a comfortable, creative home for my family.
- Do it first, do it better, or do it differently.
- Make it simple, useful and delightful.
- For community engagement: Richard Millington of FeverBee has extensive experience.
- For business development: McKinsey & Company team always provide valuable insight.
- For practical marketing philosophy: Seth Godin leads the way.
- For inspiration: Tim Ferriss makes things happen.
Peers, employers and clients have used these titles to describe me during our collaborations and projects
- Master storyteller
- Content producer
- Motivational speaker
- Workshop facilitator
- Project designer
- CMS designer
- Digital nomad
- Team leader / project director
- Relationship strategist
- Business developer
- Community manager
- Social media strategist
- Behavioural engineer / social engineer (the good kind)
- Musician / sound guy
Recent comments from colleagues, clients and customers.
- Warren Cheetham, Planning & Business Development Team Coordinator, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Michael has helped me to understand systems, processes, people, communication, community engagement, automation, business development and more in whole new ways. He’s also listened to me and offered advice. I can’t thank Michael enough for these things. He brought an amazing array of skills and experiences to the team, and shared those things with great generosity. He’s genuinely curious about the people in our team, and the work they do, and offer help and insights with tact, patience and sensitivity. He has managed to shape our collective thinking in a new, positive way, in a relatively short time. That’s been inspirational.”
- Councillor Colleen Doyle, Townsville City Council.
“His introduction at the ‘Communities Built to Last, D is for Disruption’ program was inspirational! He reminded me about the wonders of being a parent, and actually helped me refocus on what is important.”
- Tegan Zurbo, Customer Experience Officer, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Michael has greatly expanded my knowledge of marketing and community engagement. His enthusiasm and interest in his work is contagious, and I learn something new each time I work with him. His knowledge benefits my team (customer experience) as a whole, and encourages us to pursue our interests in marketing. As a result, our team actively engages in events and activities, and feels confident to share ideas. Michael is an inspiration to everyone he works with, as his approachable nature and enthusiasm sparks many interesting conversations and brainstorming sessions!”
- Neal Thorley, Digital Services Administrator, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Through our discussions Michael has helped me with thinking about the bigger picture stuff. On several occasions our quick hallway catch ups have helped to give me a different perspective on things, I value the insight and ideas he provided. He has a sharp mind and great critical thinking skills. I’m impressed by how he sets up sprints for team members to focus on specific tasks and that he has the balls to “give it a go’ and see what happens.”
- Caitlin Single, Business Development Officer, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“I like that Michael challenges me at times and makes me think about why we do things or asking the ‘what now?’ I value his expertise and advice about anything work related, he has so much experience and knowledge across a range of different areas.”
- Belinda Graniglia, Learning and Information Officer, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Michael exemplifies the values and behaviours we seek to uphold in our daily work. He’s always listening and thinking of creative ways to build Townsville City Libraries into a space everyone wants to be part of. He’s community driven and always seeks to provide customers and staff with his best work. He has passion for his work and guides others towards theirs. Customers are always engaged and immediately comfortable with his professional and caring approach. He often finds out far more from a ten minute conversation than others could find out in a lifetime. He shows kindness, humility and a fantastic positive attitude in his role in the library and always makes work and learning fun for everyone.”
- Nikki Kerswell, First Five Forever Team, CityLibraries Townsville, CityLibraries Townsville.
“Obviously the video was amazing. It really helped others to understand one part of the job we do, helping to start conversations internally and externally about F5F our aims etc. Michael did such a great job of putting me at my ease during the interview and an incredible job of making my words so much more with his editing. Michael inspires in so many ways – his positive approach. His TRUE no silos style of working. His passion for the community, knowing what they want and how we can help achieve that.”
- Nana Onishi, Planner – Adult Programs Planner, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Michael helped me with my projects as the go-to person when I needed help in light of marketing strategies and relationship building. For example, when I was looking for judges for the Short Story Competition, he gave me some contacts who are familiar with children’s literature and its development. It really helped me to get to know the local authors and how I should approach them. The team trust Michael’s specialist advice from his experience and knowledge. His advice is always sought from a fair point of view as well. It helps when there are different opinions within the team. Michael’s calming relaxing nature eases myself especially when I am overwhelmed with my work.”
- Elizabeth O’Niel, Systems Integration Librarian, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Michael has assisted me with many things. I love his holistic approach to working in general – the how & whys of what we do as a public library. Having his position and his knowledge in a variety of subject matters has been indeed inspiring. On many occasions Michael has provided direction on marketing aspects, community engagement advice and provided conversation that would start me thinking and challenge the status quo of how things are done. The introduction of the Trello platform has proved to be a great asset with many projects. It was utilised well when the library team was working on Savannah: Townsville’s Festival of Stories as it allowed clear timelines and tasks that were visual and easy to follow and enabled everything to be in the one area from the one platform. In the past we have had bits and pieces everywhere. I like Michael’s passion and it is evident he loves what he does.”
- Chris Brimble, Learning and Information Officer, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“Michael uses a personal human component which has resulted in very moving presentations and positive reactions / feedback by his colleagues and the public. He shows a genuine interest in people and has been proactive in bringing out their unique personalities and strengths which is reflected in his high quality of work.”
- Brendan Dodd, Digital Trainee, CityLibraries Townsville, Townsville City Council.
“As a trainee I was nervous coming into the role, this being my first job. Michael provided a comfortable environment where I feel confident in my ability to use the training given to improve my photography and work on my social media posting. I find it helpful that he is open to questions whether in person or on the phone. Michael is an inspiration to many staff including myself because of his different ways of thinking when it comes to marketing. An emphasis on stories is something I hope to focus on more as I progress in my role and it is great to have someone who is passionate about being engaged with the community as a mentor.”
At this point in time, contact me through Townsville City Council, watch content I’ve produced by searching ‘Michael Bromage’, and find out what I’m working on now.
What remarkable thing would you like to achieve today?
For more amazing stories about Emma, search Emma Master Shredder.